Michael Porter Jr: Dad Offered by Mizzou, "Makes Sense" to Follow Him

24 March 2017, 02:56 | Kristine Mills

Nathan Hale High School basektball star Michael Porter Jr

Nathan Hale High School basektball star Michael Porter Jr

On the date of publication, 247 Sports predicts Washington with a 53 percent chance of retaining Porter while Mizzou is at 47 percent. According to Oregon Live, Porter averaged 34.8 points and 13.8 rebounds per game this season.

Porter's father, who was hired as an assistant at Washington two months before Romar was sacked, was offered an assistant coaching job at Missouri, a strong reason for Porter's interest in joining the Missouri Tigers. Instead, Porter may want to try to see what kind of difference he can make at the next level, much like he did in high school at Nathan Hale. But he gave clarity to questions that loom, notably: Will he play wherever his dad accepts a coaching gig?

"They've got Trae (Young) and before any commitments happened we talked about being college teammates", Porter Jr. said to USA Today's Jason Jordan.

Porter Jr., the No. 1 player in the 2017 class, told reporters Wednesday that he would ask out of his letter of intent with Washington after Lorenzo Romar, Porter Jr's godfather, was sacked as the Huskies coach.

"To be able to go back (to Columbia), I know those Mizzou fans are hungry - and I've been shown a lot of love from Mizzou fans", the high school senior said Wednesday afternoon. "It could be something real, real special just to come home and do my thing there, it would special".

If Porter Jr. and his brother, Jontay, both play for the Tigers next season, is an eight-win team an Elite Eight team?

Hopkins said he was "blown away" when he met Conroy, and said it was an easy decision to retain him as part of his staff. That makes sense, considering former Washington Huskies coach Lorenzo Romar is Porter's legal godfather.

ARM DynamIQ: Expanding the possibilities for artificial intelligence
And thanks to DynamIQ's anticipatory systems, they can switch between on and off quicker than ARM's current chip generation.

US denies striking Syria mosque amid high death toll
The photo, which the military said was taken less than five minutes after the strike, showed extensive damage to the building. Since then, more than 320,000 people have been killed and 11 million displaced in the conflict, according to activists.

Injustice 2 Will Only Include Cosmetic Microtransactions
Injustice 2 will have microtransactions in in the form of in-game currency called "Source Crystals". Four of the characters joining the " Injustice 2 " roster.

Washington fired Romar after 15 seasons earlier this month. "Obviously if he accepts it before I know that I'm going to go there people are going to expect me to follow him so he wants to be careful about that". "I won the national championship with my high school team, we went undefeated, and then right after that, Coach Romar got fired".

"I was ready to go to Washington and do something special there", said Porter.

The nation's top recruit said returning to the Huskies is still an option but hasn't decided what other schools will be on the list. "He said Cuonzo's a great guy, he's a victor, he has a competitiveness to him, so I've heard all great things about him".

Porter said he did not know Martin before he took the job at Mizzou last week.

When asked what schools he would now consider, Porter replied "I haven't even gotten that far yet".

Porter's mother said Wednesday that her husband is close to making a decision about his coaching future.

He said that younger brother Jontay, a 2018 recruit, has a desire to play with him and is seriously considering reclassifying up a year to play college basketball with him. The 6-foot-10 forward from Seattle was also named this year's Naismith High School Player of the Year.



Other News

Trending Now

Stunning Animation Shows Just How Large Our Solar System Really Is
Otherwise, Pluto fit the IAU definition: It orbits the Sun and it is massive enough that the forces of gravity have made it round. For example, the team's definition of a planet would include Jupiter's moon of Europa, as well as Earth's moon.

Make law to build Ayodhya temple: VHP
The RSS will go by the Dharam Sansads decision. "Government is always ready and encourages mediation". "Supreme Court's observations are welcome; all involved should come to a consensus", Advani said .

Malaysia confirms Kim Jong-nam's identity by using his child's DNA sample
Airport surveillance footage shows them approaching the victim and apparently smearing his face with a piece of cloth. Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi didn't say when and where the DNA sample was taken.

UN Under-Secretary General Resigns Over Israeli 'Apartheid' Report
The report charged that Israel "has established an apartheid regime that dominates the Palestinian people as a whole". The United States, Israel's main ally, said it was outraged by the report.

NCAA tournament Midwest Region runback: Michigan State crushes Miami on Friday
Ward made his first six shots and finished 8 of 9 from the field, while Miles Bridges was 8 of 12 and added 18 points in the win. Derrick Walton Jr . had 26 points and 11 assists as MI held off Oklahoma State 92-91 in the Midwest Regional in Indianapolis.

Everton 4 Hull City 0: Lukaku dominates headlines again with late double
I am not afraid because the player has two years left on his contract. It's up to the club to get the deal over the line'.

At least 2 injured in school shooting in France
Two people are injured, including the headteacher, according to BFMTV, and the armed individual has been arrested. The French government has bolstered security outside schools following a series of attacks since January 2015.

'Clear Knee Mom Jeans' are apparently a thing
Still not convinced? These jeans have been getting five star reviews across the board. The " clear knee mom jeans " feature a clear plastic panel at the knees.

Blizzard: Cancellations already stretching into Wednesday
According to live flight tracker FlightAware, 6,022 flights have been cancelled , with many flights to and from London impacted. The weather won't be warming up through the week so delays and cancellations could extend into early Wednesday.

See How Overwatch's Orisa Came to Be and When She's Going Live
Along with her Fusion Driver , that fires like a gatling gun, Orisa is capable of projecting a barrier in front of her. Meanwhile, Halt allows Orisa to shoot out a graviton ball that can then suck in all nearby enemies for easy pickings.